Why Join AAUW?
- Share Your Voice: AAUW’s 100,000-member voice makes a difference on critical women’s and civil rights issues and provides you the opportunity to support and be the first to learn about ground-breaking research on women, girls, and education.
- Be A Part of a Vibrant Community: Wherever you go, you will find a community of friends and professional contacts in AAUW — a powerful local and national network for personal and professional growth.
- Understand the Issues: As a member of AAUW, you will have access to a variety of websites and publications to help you learn more about the issues affecting women and girls today.
- Take Advantage of Valuable Resources: AAUW provides many educational and professional development experiences for you to improve your personal and leadership skills as well as opportunities for educational advancement through fellowships, grants, and awards.
- Additional benefits from AAUW
Membership is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent (RN), baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Student Affiliation is open to anyone who does not already hold an undergraduate degree and is enrolled in a two-or four-year regionally accredited educational institution.
AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
Member of a Branch: $80 (national = $59, state = $10, local = $11)
- $56 of the $59 national dues are tax deductible.
- Between January 1st and March 15th, national dues reflect a half-year discount so the total annual dues would be $50.50 during this time.
e-Student Affiliate (Coe College): FREE while you’re a Coe student
- National dues are waived by AAUW.
- State and local membership is not included in the e-Student Affiliate membership, but could be included for an additional $21 annually. (state = $10, local = $11)
Student Affiliate (non-Coe College): $18.81
- State and local membership is not required to become a Student Affiliate, but it is a great way to get involved with your local community and could be included for an additional $21 annually. (state = $10, local = $11)
Recent College Graduates: national dues are waived for one year under the Give-A-Grad-A-Gift program.
Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, most of your national dues are tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return.
If interested in becoming a member of the Cedar Rapids branch of AAUW, please contact Linda Armitage at email@example.com or (319) 393-0675. If you would like to join but feel as though the dues would create a financial hardship, inquire with Linda about the Shape the Future campaign.